Sunday, January 06, 2008

Stressing

I'm stressing over school. I took a literature class based on US Latina writers. I enjoyed it and did really well on the tests and papers that were required. Now the Registrar has me listed without a grade, assuming that I didn't finish the class. I contacted the professor and she told me that she did submit my grade (an "A") so I've asked her to do it again. This is frustrating. If it's not resolved in the next few weeks, the grade becomes an "F". Not cool. This class was one of the last core requirements I had to fill so I want it corrected right away. I'm sure it will be but I'm having a panic moment.

In the meantime, I am trying hard to convince myself not to take on as many classes as I've signed up for (6). Five of them are studio classes so they require 6 hours a week classtime. The 6th class is a one credit self-study so it's not really a big deal but still I'm responsible for completing it. I'm planning to drop the two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I'll have time for work and studying. But I'm delaying graduation by a semester by doing this. I am getting to the point that I want this to be over. I've been back in school since Sept. 2004. Enough is enough. I need a full time job so I can fix my poor old house. It's falling apart around me and I don't have the funds to do what needs to be done.

Ok - I'm done whining. I think I'll go work out and get rid of this anxious energy.

No comments: