Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Climb

I’ve risen up from the depths of despair. It has been an arduous climb. The face of that mountain is steep and the surface uneven. The pits are many and the spikes painful. But climb I have. I’m not at the summit and may never be but with every foot I ascend, the view improves. Life improves.

So often I want to throw down a rope and help you climb up. It’s then that I remember I have been doing that for years. Sometimes you don’t even bother attempting to catch it and other times you do but you refuse to hang on. You’ve even held it long enough to rise up a few feet. You don’t really want the view from up here. If you did, you’d work for it. I need to accept that and let it be. I need to let that be your truth without it affecting mine.

It’s with the new view I have that I realize it’s not my rope. It belongs to everyone and it’s been there for an eternity and will remain just as long. Anyone can grab on and go for the ride of their life or they can stay where it’s familiar but limited. Their choice; your choice. For me, I’m headed to the mountaintop. I’ll wave when I get there.

1 comment:

Jane said...

When you get to the top it will all be worth it, and the climb down easier, even if you are alone
your sense of accomplishment will have made it all worth while.

Good Luck!