Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another Crisis

We ended up in the ER again. It's not where I wanted to be. He threatened to hurt himself but wasn't serious. I called the police because he went after his sister with the knife. I asked them to arrest him so I could show the world that he needs help. He was so mad at me. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. But the police in their infinite wisdom decided he needed to go to the ER because there were marks on his neck. So once again I wasted an entire night sitting and waiting only to be told to take him home. No crisis here ma'am. In whose eyes??

This crisis counselor at least gave me more information on programs to insist DSS refer him to. They have residential treatment homes where Zach would get the help he needs and be forced to practice the coping skills so that he doesn't reach for a knife everytime the least little thing goes wrong. It would appear I'll be seeking for a lock box or a way to lock one of my cabinet or drawers so the knives remain off limits. I can't believe I'm living this way because of a 12 year old.

And the 17 year old is acting is like a 5 year old so this is just so much fun. Can a mother divorce her children?? She provokes him incessantly and then complains about how he treats her. Funny, he learned at her knee. She was so abusive to him when he was smaller than her. Now he's bigger and can fight back and she does not like it. Life as their mom is not what I bargained for most days.