Monday, July 31, 2006

Changes, changes, changes

Wow - life comes quickly. I finished my independent study last week. He gave me an A. I am so amazed. I didn't start printing photos until about 4 days before the critique. I did have the written report and slide show ready beforehand because I could work on those from home while I was recovering but the photos had to be done on campus. Well, until I set up a darkroom (if I do). I am so glad it's over. It wasn't the joyous experience I have had in the past. It was just another obligation this summer; one I was wishing I hadn't put on myself. But it's done and I got a good grade so it was worth it.

I am meeting with the powers that be about Zach's placement tomorrow. They are looking for a residential treatment program to enroll him in. I don't know when my son will come home. This is causing a lot of conflicting emotions. I'm sad that my baby isn't here with me but I'm relieved that he'll be in a place that can keep him safe from himself. He makes such bad choices and can't see that they are bad even though he's suffering major consequences because of them. Ah, the delusion of being an adolescent. I told him yesterday and could see how sad he was. It was heartbreaking but I keep reminding myself that I didn't do this - he did. If I don't get him the help he needs now, it will be jail, not a treatment program when he's 16. I know this is the right decision for him at this point in time.

He's seeing an endocrinologist before the meeting. She's Niki's doctor. I can't believe my kids both have thyroid disease so young. But I was in my late 20's when mine started. I shouldn't be so surprised. I'm hoping his will be easily managed. Nicole's in remission so maybe his will be the same.

My sister-in-law had a colonoscopy done this week. The doctors removed 15 polyps. She's feeling better physically already but it will be mid-August before she finds out if they are benign or malignant. She needs a break. She's contemplating gastric bypass but won't be able to do so if it's colon cancer. Her diabetes is out of control and after the 2 heart attacks, the weight needs to come down. I am praying. Her life expectancy is not good because of her heart so cancer sure as shit won't help. My brother and nephew will be lost without her. She needs to be okay.

On the homefront, the workmen were here to start the insulation. Even though they are blowing it in from the outside, it's coming through cracks in my very old house. We ended up with a huge pile of it on top of my dryer in the cellar. Nicole freaked when she saw it. There are even bits of it in my grass out by the street. It's everywhere! But I will have a home that is much easier and cheaper to heat and cool. Woo Hoo!! I really am blessed. I seem to be able to manifest everything I need. This program is free of charge to me. They are going to replace a few of my windows and get me storms for my Andersen windows. This is so cool.

I saw the weight doctor on Friday. I've lost 28 pounds! Since I started with them almost a year ago, I've lost 4 inches off my waist. My BMI has gone from 44.4 to 39.3. My risks are dramatically reduced. It was so good to hear that. I know I did the right thing but this really helped cement that in my mind. Life is good.

No comments: