Friday, March 16, 2007

Life

I'm always amazed at how fast life comes at me. You'd think after 46 years, I'd have gotten used to it. Zach is coming home soon and is spending a lot more time here now. I'm having a difficult time readjusting. He's not doing anything wrong, I'm just really missing the quiet calm that Nicole and I had created for ourselves. She doesn't go away for the weekends anymore either so I'm "Mom" every minute of everyday now and I'm tired. If only I had a co-parent I could count on.

I feel guilty for whining because a friend's (Janet) daughter (Aimee - beautiful 22 yr old college student) has been in the hospital since early November with some strange unknown illness that caused her brain to swell. She's recovering and is actually working with physical therapists now to regain her strength and mobility. It's a reminder of how precious our children even as they move toward adulthood. Janet's best friend, Carol, has a 21 yr. old son (Mike) with severe epilepsy. He's been in a Boston hospital for over 2 years now and I don't think he's ever coming home. Both situations help me to remain grateful for my childrens' health. My childrens' disabilities don't seem so overwhelming when I think of what other parents are going through close by and around the world.

So today I'm sending out healing prayers for all the sick children and their scared parents. I hope the world will join me. The power of collective positive thoughts is unstoppable.

Namaste!

No comments: