Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring!

Well, this is the first day of Spring; the Vernal Equinox. I look out and see snow in my backyard. Something amiss here. The weather prediction for today is more snow. Ah, the joys of living in New England. I like snow photographs so I'm ok with it. My photography class is suppose to be taking a local field trip tomorrow morning to a resevoir. It will be that much more beautiful if a soft snow has blanketed the area. I love the look of tree branches lightly covered with the white stuff. Even prettier is ice. We haven't had a good ice storm this year. Sure, I have a good camera now and no ice. That's not fair. :)

I have my second winter cold too. Those I can do without. I woke up at 4:30AM because I couldn't breathe properly and my throat was sore. I stayed in bed for 45 minutes hoping and praying I'd fall back to sleep. Of course not. I feel like I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks, months maybe.

Meanwhile, my son stayed up all night. He thinks it's great fun to be awake while the rest of the world sleeps. I think I did at 11 too. He's just going to be off for school tomorrow. I'm praying he takes a nap soon.

So in the interim, I watch the sun peek up over my neighbor's houses, ready to start its day over my little plot of earth. Life is good.

No comments: