Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday was an amazing day. It rained like we'd need an ark. It was torrential. But there was something about it that was really cool. I was worried at first because it was the day we were to learn how to mat our photographs. I got my matboard in my car without it getting dirty or wet somehow but the walk from campus parking is far too long so I asked one of the parking guards to let me get close to drop it off. He agreed and my matboard arrived safely. I actually matted four prints. The teacher did the first one to show me how and I did the next three. I'm ready for the critique tomorrow but I know I'm the only one who will be. My classmates are not as committed to this class as I am. Only two of us showed and only I had the right stuff with me. It's disheartening on the teacher. But... I got his full attention and didn't have to share the equipment so I'm all set.

My new scanner is suppose to be here tomorrow. I can't wait to set it up and scan some of my negatives. I do hope it has good resolution. I'll post one if it does.

No comments: