Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm published - photographically

I signed up to do photography for the student newspaper on campus and last month they assigned an event to me. It was Black History month and the campus was hosting a Black Invention Exhibit. At the exhibit, many groups of children came and performed essays and poems as well as double dutch. I took a couple of great shots of the kids and they ended up on the front page of the next issue.

I am a published photojournalist!! I am so excited. I have been experiencing a host of firsts and this one is precious to me.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

CONGRATULATIONS KIM!!!! I wanna see...

(((ruth)))

majamom said...

Kim,
I hope you take the time to feel some pride and accomplishment. I would love to see the photos!!!
XO
MB

Kim said...

Thank you both! I'll put them up.