Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I am sitting here on New Years Day in New England without a flake of snow anywhere. It's raining, not snowing. Global warming has become really apparent to me lately. We've only had one little flurry of flakes so far. This is not normal. The temperature has been much higher than usual too. I think it's time for action. I'm trying to do what I can to reduce, reuse, and recycle. I'm driving a small car but it's gas mileage isn't what I want. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy a new vehicle right now but when I do, I'm going for a hybrid. After watching Al Gore's documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth", I feel compelled to do something. If we don't, I will one day have ocean front property. Now it's not that I don't want a beach house, it's that I don't want it in Western Massachusetts. I'd hate to see Connecticut and Rhode Island wiped off the map by polar cap melting.

Speaking of other movies that raise our consciousness, I am in love with "The Secret". I've been attuned to this idea for a while now and this movie brought it home for me. I am working to be more mindful of the ideas and thoughts I allow to head out into the Universe. I like "What the Bleep Do We Know" too. I was watching that last night when I feel asleep (before midnight). The piece about Mr. Masaru Emoto's work with water crystals is amazing. I've taped a piece of paper to my Brita pitcher that says my favorite word: NAMASTE. I read an interview with him in the latest issue of Science of Mind. He talked about exposing water to that word and how beautiful the crystals were afterward. In the movie, one character says something to Marlee Matlin's about if words can do that to one crystal, imagine what it could do to the human body that is 70% (or more) water. Later after ranting at herself and saying hateful things about her own body, she remembers and then takes a makeup pencil so she can write loving things on herself and draw hearts. It was a powerful image and idea.


So my wish for the world is an awakening; awakening to the love that surrounds us and the beauty the world holds. I pray that we all remember we are ONE. With an open heart and mind, we can see past the differences and be united by the similarities. This is my one true dream for humanity.

No comments: