Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New musings

Well, school is underway and things are going quite well. Until the power surge yesterday that is. First I saved a computer file onto my flash drive during my Computer Graphics class. I brought it home and worked on it over the weekend in a trial version of the software. What I downloaded was 2 versions ahead of the school's so the file wouldn't open when I got there. Then, I started from scratch and was doing so much better than the first attempt. It's Corel Draw and I'm not familiar with it plus we're copying a picture of a train engine (not easy). So I take break half way through class and save my file to the desktop. I come back and start to work again and boom - there goes the power. When I finally got my computer turned back on (had to unplug it before it would cooperate), the file was gone. The school has them set up to wipe out any files not installed by them when the computer is rebooted. Oh, lucky day. So here I am with nothing and it's 20 minutes before the class ends. Thankfully, the prof. saw me working and knows what I had done. But still. :~(

Nicole is loving her college class. She's taking Music Fundamentals which teaches how to read and write sheet music. Zach is taking a class back at the mainstream school and he is loving it too. Unfortunately he has a crappy reputation and some guys caused some crap for him already but it was straightened out with the vice principal. So school is good for all of us.

My weight is slipping away. I'm under 180 pounds. I haven't been this low since my pregnancy with Zach. I'm so excited and I feel so good. I ran into friends at a fundraiser a week ago and they hadn't seen me in 8 - 10 months (i.e., before the surgery). They couldn't believe the difference. I look good. I haven't felt that I did in a long time. Life is getting better and better.

No comments: