Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Eve in NoHo

Nicole, Lisa, and I spent a few hours last night in Northampton for the First Night Celebration. We walked all over the place and did a lot of window shopping. At 6:15PM, the city started the fireworks display. We weren't in the best location for viewing but we got the gist of it. I took a lot of photos but with my film camera instead of my digital. When the photos are developed and if they look good, I'll post a few. It was so fun to do something out of the ordinary. I haven't been out on New Year's Eve in probably close to 20 years. We were home early but I felt like I'd celebrated a little. It felt good. Lisa loved it. She's not that familiar with Northampton so it was quite the experience for her. She's a very traditional person and Northampton is anything but (which is one of the reasons Nicole and I like it so much).

I really want to move there. Last night was like walking in Greenwich Village. The atmosphere is similar and the streets were full of people. So many of the theaters were open and having performances plus we came across numerous street performers. One group was doing a stomp dance. That was so cool. I hope those photos come out. I took pictures of a man playing a steel drum too. His music was so good. We also listened to a man with sax playing Auld Lang Syne. The air was cool but without a breeze so it was tolerable. We had a really good time. Northampton is where I want to be.

No comments: