Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The start of a new life

I saw my surgeon yesterday. It's real now. On June 26th I'm having gastric bypass surgery. I will be on my way to health and fitness again. I am so excited and nervous too. I'm thinking of using this experience as a photo essay opportunity. While I hate the idea of taking my own photo, especially right now, I do think documenting the changes could be really beneficial for all those who are contemplating this life altering surgery. I never thought I'd be one but here I am.

I'm glad I had to go through the classes and attend the support group meetings. It helped me become truly educated about what the surgery entails and what I can expect afterward. It will be a dramatic change but I'm ready for it. I need a major shake-up to end my food addiction. The surgery inhibits the appetite hormones for about 2 years so I will have that time to really learn new ways of coping with my stress. I think writing is the first way to do that.

I'll keep writing about it...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow Kim, exciting and brave! I will send good thoughts your way as you go through this process!

Hugs,
Tammy (from AV)