Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

I'm glad the weekend is almost here. I've been spackling the gallery this week. We had so many holes in the walls from the last show, the student art exhibit. I'm going in to sand and paint today. I hope we get it done quickly.

Zach's really settling in to the program. He ran home from school on Monday but after hearing about all the horrible things (like lock-up) that await him if he keeps this crap up, he seems to have decided to behave for a while. I hope he keeps it up but if not, I'm ready to let him suffer the natural consequences of his actions. It's taken me a long time to get here. My therapist is proud. So is his. They've been coaching me to stop protecting him from his own behavior.

Nicole went to her bestfriend's graduation last night. I know it was bittersweet for her because she should have been graduating this year as well. She was great about it though. And she looked so pretty. She actually took off her combat boots for a night. Here she is:

This is my goth girl extraordinaire! For her to show leg is amazing. The kitty is Samhain (pronounced Sow-ein) but we call her Sam. She is Nicole's constant companion. Niki would love to put her on a leash and take her everywhere but I don't think Sam would appreciate it.

So she had a fabulous night and I had the house to myself. Too bad my phone and DSL were down. I ended up taking a nap. Aren't I exciting??

Since school is out I'm finding it hard to get motivated so I'm trying something new. I bought a day planner and I'm going to start scheduling art and writing so that I know I'm making time for it. My therapist thinks that if I treat it like an appointment, I'll keep it. So I got me a new planner at Staples yesterday and I'm going to try it out. I do believe that if I stay on top of it, it will work.

No comments: